Mike Nelson, Fire, 2009, Wood, plastic and found screws, 80x80cm, Courtesy of the Artist and Galleria Franco Noero
On March 11th 1999, Franco Noero opened a new gallery in Torino, in Via Mazzini 39A, devoted to contemporary art. On September 18th 2003, the gallery moved its activity to a new space in Via Giolitti 52A. On March 29th 2008 the gallery moved to the spaces hosted in the historical building known as ‘Fetta di Polenta’, a wedge-shaped nine storey building from 1840 designed by Alessandro Antonelli. On May 2013 the gallery moved its activities to a new space in Via Mottalciata 10/B, in the north of Turin. In June 2016, Galleria Franco Noero has inaugurated a second exhibition space in Piazza Carignano 2, Turin.
Mario Garcia Torres