Position: Event and Production Manager
Organisation: Dubai Design Week, Art Dubai Group
Requirement: Full-time, temporary contract (August – November)
The Event and Production Manager is a key role at the centre Dubai Design Week 2018 (12-17 November 2018). The delivery of the programme at the event’s hub venue, Dubai Design District provides complex and rewarding challenges; working directly with the creative community, exhibitors, clients and stakeholders from Dubai and around the world to produce and manage exhibitions, installations and live events.
Suited to an events professional with 5+ years of operational experience, the role offers the opportunity of working in one of the most dynamic sectors in the UAE and to further develop a range of skills and experiences across varied formats and scales.
- Event planning and operational planning; working closely with the programming teams to ensure logistics are in place to ensure well thought-through and timely delivery of projects
- Overall site-management during build, live and breakdown periods
- Working with stakeholders including clients, venue management, licensing authorities and contractors to communicate requirements and enforce timelines, venue compliance for overall event production
- Ensuring all relevant licences, approvals and paperwork are in place for multiple activations on-site at events according to venue and health and safety requirements
- Appointment and on-site management of appointed contractors such as security, cleaning teams, AV, buggies, catering etc for on-site delivery of agreed requirements
- Budget management: sourcing of quotes, overall monitoring and management of costs
- Print production management, including print production of marketing collateral, on-site signage
- Providing responses to in-bound enquiries, to ensure timely responses to information requests via email, phone
- Systems management, including maintaining paper and digital files relating to all relevant aspects of event production
Qualifications and skills:
- Professional qualifications / experience
- Large-scale event management experience (+5 years)
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Production and project management experience
Personal skills and competencies:
- Great problem solving ability
- Calm under pressure and can-do attitude to delivering in challenging situations
- Ability to focus on delivery of multiple projects at once
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Personable team player with an ability to deal with a wide variety of situations and people
- Excellent English, written and verbal skills
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Interest in design and creative industries
- Trained in design software packages
- Knowledge of Dubai’s cultural landscape
Please supply a CV of no more than two pages and a cover note that explains in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Event and Production Manager’.
About Art Dubai Group:
Mirroring Dubai’s identity, the Art Dubai Group produces some of the world’s most globally diverse cultural events within the arts and creative industries, with an extensive year-round programme of activities that aims to grow the cultural fabric of Dubai.
With a team of 34 full-time members of staff specializing in art, design, event management, business management and consultancy, communications, sponsorship, sales and VIP relations.
Art Dubai is a joint venture initiative between Dubai Government entity, Dubai International Financial Centre and private investors, Middle East Fairs Ltd.