Fabrice Hyber, Jus de concombre, 2016, Oil, charcoal, sun-dried tomatoes, epoxy resin on canvas, 150 x 200
Courtesy : the artist and Galerie Nathalie Obadia, Paris / Brussels
Since the opening of the first gallery in Paris in 1993, followed by the one in Brussels in 2008 and a second space in Paris in 2013, Nathalie Obadia has exhibited emerging and recognized artists of the international contemporary art scene. In the fall of 2021, Galerie Nathalie Obadia has opened a new space in the Matignon-Saint-Honoré district in Paris. For many years, the gallery has also participated in the rediscovery of deceased artists like Martin Barré, Josep Grau-Garriga, and Seydou Keita.
The mission of the gallery is also to promote artists to institutions in France and abroad. Some examples to highlight the importance of artists’ projects such as:
– Shirley Jaffe, solo show at Centre Pompidou (France), 2022
– Laure Prouvost, Deep See Blue Surrounding You, Vois Ce Bleu Profond Te Fondre, French Pavilion, 58th Biennale di Venezia, Venice (Italy) 2019
– Martin Barré, solo exhibition MAMCO (Switzerland), 2019 and Centre Pompidou (France), 2020
– Sarkis, Respiro, 56th Venice Biennale, Pavillon of Turkey, Venice (Italy), 2015
– Valérie Belin, touring solo show in Pekin, Shanghaï and Chengdu (China), 2017
Galerie Nathalie Obadia participates in international art fairs : Art Basel, Art Basel Hong Kong, Art Basel Miami, Fiac, Armory Show, Paris Photo, Art Genève,
Art Brussels among others.
Estate of Shirley Jaffe
Joris van de Moortel